The only anatomy atlas illustrated by physicians, Atlas of Human Anatomy, 7th edition, brings you world-renowned, exquisitely clear views of the human body with a clinical perspective. In addition to the famous work of Dr. Frank Netter, you’ll also find nearly 100 paintings by Dr. Carlos A. G. Machado, one of today’s foremost medical illustrators. Together, these two uniquely talented physician-artists highlight the most clinically relevant views of the human body. In addition, more than 50 carefully selected radiologic images help bridge illustrated anatomy to living anatomy as seen in everyday practice.
- Region-by-region coverage , including Muscle Table appendices at the end of each section.
- Large, clear illustrations with comprehensive labels not only of major structures, but also of those with important relationships.
- Tabular material in separate pages and additional supporting material as a part of the electronic companion so the printed page stays focused on the illustration.
Updates to the 7th Edition – based on requests from students and practitioners alike:
- New Systems Overview section featuring brand-new, full-body views of surface anatomy, vessels, nerves, and lymphatics.
- More than 25 new illustrations by Dr. Machado, including the clinically important fascial columns of the neck, deep veins of the leg, hip bursae, and vasculature of the prostate; and difficult-to-visualize areas like the infratemporal fossa.
- New Clinical Tables at the end of each regional section that focus on structures with high clinical significance. These tables provide quick summaries, organized by body system, and indicate where to best view key structures in the illustrated plates.
- More than 50 new radiologic images – some completely new views and others using newer imaging tools – have been included based on their ability to assist readers in grasping key elements of gross anatomy.
- Updated terminology based on the international anatomic standard, Terminologia Anatomica, with common clinical eponyms included.
- Student Consult access includes a pincode to unlock the complete enhanced eBook of the Atlas through Student Consult. Every plate in the Atlas―and over 100 Bonus Plates including illustrations from previous editions―are enhanced with an interactive label quiz option and supplemented with “Plate Pearls” that provide quick key points and supplemental tools for learning, reviewing, and assessing your knowledge of the major themes of each plate. Tools include 300 multiple choice questions, videos, 3D models, and links to related plates.
From the Publisher
Netter: It’s How you Know Anatomy
Trusted for 25 years, Frank H. Netter, MD’s clear, detailed depictions of the human body are all from a clinician’s perspective. With its emphasis on anatomic relationships and clinically relevant views, Dr. Netter’s work provides a coherent, lasting visual vocabulary for understanding anatomy.
Master challenging structures with visual region-by-region coverage including Muscle Table appendices at the end of each section.
New illustrations of clinically important areas like the posterior knee and cervical fasciae by Carlos Machado, MD, the Chief Illustrator working in the Netter tradition.
Genuine Elsevier Product
All seventh editions of the Atlas of Human Anatomy carry a Genuine Elsevier Product seal. To authenticate your atlas scan the label with a smartphone app and enter the ID code.
A detailed, visual foundation of anatomy
A quick overview or review
Reinforcement and tactile learning
Context and anatomic/clinical relevance
Atlas organized by region and then by system within each region.
Labels and text revealed on the back of each card.
Black and white line-drawing tracings of Netter art.
Short text accompany lightly-labeled illustrations organized by anatomic region.
New! Structures with High Clinical Significance, 3D models, 100+ Label Quizzes, 50+ Bonus Plates, and Editor Discussion Videos
300+ Flashards with images and explanations, Clinical Note Boxes, and 300+ Multiple Choice Questions
160+ Coloring Exercises Review Exercises
Clinical Focus Boxes, Review Questions
Full eBook Included
Publisher:Elsevier; 7th edition (March 13, 2018)
Item Weight:4.19 pounds
Dimensions:8.7 x 1 x 11.2 inches