The Definitive Liquid Glass Screen Protector Review
Why should you buy a screen protector for your phone or tablet? Read our Difinitive Liquid Glass Screen Protector Review to find out!
Four years ago, my world was turned upside down when tragedy struck—my beloved iPhone X slipped from my grasp and met its demise on the unforgiving pavement. The once flawless screen was now marred with unsightly cracks, filling my heart with regret and frustration. In that moment of despair, I realized the importance of protecting my precious device.
Determined to avoid such heartbreak in the future, I embarked on a quest to find the ultimate screen protector. That’s when I stumbled upon the wonders of liquid glass screen protectors. The promises of enhanced protection and durability meant this investment would be a game-changer.
Fast forward to today, and I can tell you that liquid glass screen protectors are a cost-saving miracle. The soaring costs of phone repairs, especially screen replacements, made me realize that a one-time investment in a quality screen protector could save me significant money.
However, I soon also began to understand the importance of investing in quality. I knew that not all screen protectors were created equal after Googling how a liquid screen protector work. Cheap knockoffs often lack durability and effectiveness, leaving devices vulnerable to scratches and cracks.
I decided to draft this detailed liquid glass screen protector review in the hopes it would save people hundreds of their hard-earned cash!
Why Choose Liquid Screen Protectors?
Unlike traditional screen protectors often made from tempered glass, liquid glass screen protector technology comes in the form of a liquid solution. This approach offers a host of benefits with a seamless user experience.
Imagine holding a little bottle containing the future of smartphone screen protection. That’s precisely what a liquid screen protector offers. This liquid solution is formulated with advanced nanotechnology, essentially creating a protective layer on the device’s screen. When applied, it forms an invisible shield that enhances the durability and resilience of the screen.
In contrast, tempered glass screen protectors are physically constructed from a hardened glass material. Sure, they also provide excellent protection but require careful handling during installation to ensure a perfect fit. Also, their protection is only as good as how the screen protector is built. Sometimes they may even damage the screen if they shatter upon impact and that’s especially the case with curved screens.
Applying a liquid screen protector is often a straightforward procedure. First, the device’s screen is thoroughly cleaned and prepared. Then, a few drops of the liquid solution are applied and spread evenly across the screen’s surface using a provided cloth or sponge. After a short drying period, the magic happens—a robust, transparent layer forms, bonding with the screen and offering enhanced protection against scratches, smudges, and minor impacts.
The beauty of a liquid glass screen protector lies in its versatility. Its liquid form allows it to adhere seamlessly to the curved edges of modern smartphones like Samsung’s Note Series. This ensures full coverage and a consistent level of protection often across multiple devices. So, installers don’t have to worry about alignment and bubbling that can sometimes occur with traditional tempered glass screen protectors.
Additionally, the nanotechnology used in liquid screen protectors creates a surface that is smooth, resistant to fingerprint smudges, and easy to clean. So, users enjoy the pristine clarity of your device’s screen without compromising touch sensitivity or visual quality.
It’s important to note that while liquid glass screen protectors offer significant advantages, they do not make devices utterly impervious to damage. Instead, think of it as adding an additional layer of defense against everyday wear and tear. Therefore, it’s essential to understand the specific protective capabilities of each type so that you can choose accordingly based on your needs and device usage patterns.
What Is In Liquid Glass Screen Protector?
Liquid screen protectors are typically made of silicon dioxide (SiO2). It is a compound made up of silicon and oxygen atoms. Silicon dioxide is a versatile material known for its hardness, transparency, and scratch resistance. Its distant cousin is used as a medicine desiccant and is referred to as silica gel.
It is naturally referred to as quartz crystal and is used in various industrial and technological applications.
In the case of liquid screen protectors, the silicon dioxide is usually in a nanoparticle form, meaning the particles are microscopic, often measuring in the nanometer range. These nanoparticles are suspended in a liquid solution, creating a transparent and viscous substance that can be applied to the surface of electronic devices like your phone’s screen or even camera lenses.
When the liquid screen protector is applied, it spreads and adheres to the surface. As it dries and cures, the silicon dioxide nanoparticles form a thin, protective layer on the screen. This layer bonds with the surface, creating a rugged and durable coating shielding it against scratches, minor impacts, and smudges.
It’s important to note that the exact composition of liquid screen protectors may vary depending on the manufacturer and specific product. Some liquid screen protectors may also contain additional additives or ingredients to enhance specific properties, such as anti-bacterial properties or oleophobic coating (oil-repellent) properties to reduce fingerprint smudges.
Liquid Glass Screen Protectors Offer Scratch Protection?
Liquid screen protectors are designed to provide additional protection to screens, including scratch resistance. While they may not offer the same level of protection as tempered glass or plastic film screen protectors, they can still help minimize the risk of scratches as a result of everyday use.
The silicon dioxide nanoparticles present in liquid screen protectors create a hard and durable coating when applied to the screen. This coating can help shield the device from minor scratches, scuffs, and abrasions caused by objects in the pocket, like keys, coins, or other abrasive materials.
It’s important to note that the scratch resistance provided by liquid screen protectors may vary depending on the specific product and the user’s individual circumstances. While they can offer a certain level of protection, they may be less effective against more substantial impacts or sharp objects.
To maximize the scratch resistance of a liquid screen protector, follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully during application to ensure that the coating is evenly distributed and properly cured.
Do Liquid Glass Screen Protectors Fill Cracks?
Liquid screen protectors are not designed to fill or repair existing cracks in the screen even though they form an extra layer on the screen. In other words, these aren’t designed for repair but instead prevention.
Liquid screen protectors create a thin, transparent coating on the screen’s surface. So, even though this coating prevents new scratches, it cannot fill or fix pre-existing cracks.
If your device screen has already been cracked, it is generally recommended to seek professional repair services or consider replacing it altogether.
It’s important to note that specific products on the market claim to have “liquid glass” properties capable of filling in small cracks. However, the effectiveness of these products may vary, and they are not a guaranteed solution for repairing cracked screens. If you have encountered a crack(s), it is best to consult with a technician or follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for screen repair or replacement.
Can Liquid Screen Protector Be Used With A Conventional Protector On Top Of It?
Yes, you can use it with a conventional glass protector on top of it. But while this will work for a tablet screen or a smartphone, it may not work as well with a smartwatch. That’s because even though the screens appear similar to the naked eye, there is a big difference.
So, while you can add another layer of protection, whether plastic or glass, it might feel cumbersome on some types of devices, you may also find that the touch response isn’t as good, especially on micro screens like the Apple Watch.
If you are considering adding a glass protector on top of the liquid glass screen protector, we advise you to try it out. I suggest installing an inexpensive protector and seeing if you like it before adding a more expensive one.
Do They Work With A Waterproof Case?
Yes, and it is essential to add that they are the only type of screen protectors that work well with just about any waterproof case. That’s because liquid glass protectors don’t add thickness to the screen or the device, unlike other screen protectors. Thus, it’s like not having a protector on your screen.
However, if you have a tampered glass protector on the phone, in addition to the liquid screen protector, that will limit you to a few often-thicker cases. That’s why if you are one of those people who find themselves swapping between a regular case and a waterproof case, then a liquid screen protector is your best bet.
It is worth adding that dust and debris will collect in some waterproof cases; thus, they must be cleaned every few days or weeks. Plus, the debris can scratch the screen, especially if it is sand in the case.
How To Choose The Right Product?
Today, over two dozen brands are selling liquid screen protectors in the US and Canada. Many of these brands use so-called proprietary formulas but promise to form the most complex, impervious protection. So, how do you make sense of all the marketing jargon to find the right product?
Here are a few tips to help you find the right liquid glass screen protector for your devices:
Compatibility: You always want to buy a product compatible with the device you intend to protect. Different liquid screen protectors may be designed for different types of screens, such as smartphones, tablets, or smartwatches. Some can be used across all devices, but there may be better choices.
Reputation and Reviews: Research the brand and the product’s reputation. You will want to read reviews from other customers to gauge their experiences and satisfaction with the product. This can provide insights into the product’s effectiveness and quality.
Application Process: Consider the ease of application. Look for a product that comes with clear instructions. Plus, you should be provided with all the necessary tools for a smooth application.
Coverage and Durability: Always ensure the liquid screen protector offers full-screen protection, including curved edges if applicable. Additionally, consider the durability of the coating and how long it is expected to last before requiring reapplication.
Scratch Resistance and Impact Resistant: Choose a product explicitly mentioning scratch resistance and impact protection in its features. While liquid screen protectors may not offer the same level of protection as tempered glass or plastic film protectors, they should still provide some scratch resistance and impact absorption.
Transparency and Clarity: We’d advise choosing a liquid screen protector that maintains the original screen’s clarity and visibility. This will mean that the coating does not interfere with the device’s touch sensitivity or reduce the quality of the display.
Additional Features: Some liquid screen protectors may offer additional features such as anti-bacterial properties, oleophobic coatings to reduce fingerprint smudges, or blue light filtering for eye protection. Consider if any of these features are essential to you.
Warranty and Customer Support: Check if the product comes with a warranty. This should mean a refund or a replacement product if something is wrong with it or the outcome isn’t as advertised.
Price and Value: Consider the product’s price in relation to its features, reputation, and overall value. Sure, you’d want to choose a product within your budget, but you’d also want to prioritize quality and effectiveness over a low price tag.
Liquid screen protectors have come a long way since they were introduced a few years back. While the technology has improved, running into a low-quality product that does not protect your screen is still possible. That’s why you’d want to choose a screen protector manufactured and sold by a reputable brand. Armed with the knowledge in this article, you should know exactly what to expect from the product you buy.
- This liquid glass screen protector, by Liquid Glass, is an advanced liquid glass screen technology. It is an invisible, wipe-on screen protector that bonds to the glass of your phone or watch and offers enhanced scratch, moisture, and impact resistance.
- The microscopic glass particles suspended in a liquid solution (silica dioxide (Si02)) fill in your device screen’s imperfections and add a layer of glass.
- Adds to your device an extremely thin layer of glass that is highly scratch & shatter resistant and increases the glass’ strength
- Easy, bubble-free, wipe-on application with a universal fit; ideal for curved screens and tablets.
- You can use this liquid protector with all mobile devices, phones, tablets, smartwatches, cameras, and touch screens. 100% Compatible with fingerprint readers or sensors. Check out the Liquid Glass liquid glass screen protector on Amazon.
- This liquid screen protector is a wipe-on liquid coating that bonds to the glass of your device and improves scratch and impact resistance.
- You can apply the liquid to up to 6 devices.
- Adds a layer of glass thinner than hair and invisible and does not interfere with fingerprint sensors and readers.
- You can also apply it to the camera and the glass’s front speaker.
- It is compatible with all smartphones, tablets, and watches. Excellent with curved screens and foldable screens. Check out the Ultra Armor liquid glass screen protector on Amazon.
- This liquid screen protector is a new, unique, wipe-on screen protector that bonds to the glass of your device.
- This protector offers enhanced “scratch and shatters” resistance.
- Its oil-repellent feature improves the screen’s water and oil mixture.
- It adds a thin layer of invisible glass and increases your device’s screen’s strength.
- Restores the screen’s original coating and improves it beyond new for an excellent and high-clarity screen that is smooth to touch and highly responsive (should not be applied to a broken screen. Does Not fix or repair existing damages).
- Easy, bubble-free wipe-on application with a universal fit; ideal for curved screens and tablets.
- You can use this liquid protector with all mobile devices, phones, tablets, smartwatches, cameras, and touch screens. 100% Compatible with fingerprint readers or sensors. Check out the Liquid Ceramic liquid screen protector on Amazon.
- This screen protector is a cutting-edge, sturdy, utterly transparent liquid screen glass protector that bonds to the glass of your device.
- It offers significantly enhanced scratch, moisture, impact resistance, and an invisible protective coating.
- This screen protector fills in the screen’s imperfections and adds a layer of glass. Although, it cannot repair previous screen imperfections.
- It has an easy, bubble-free application with a universal fit and is perfect for curved screens and tablets. It is a simple, wipe-on DIY, and it is entirely harmless and invisible once applied and reduces radiation by 80%
- You can use this liquid protector with all mobile devices, phones, tablets, and smartwatches. Excellent with curved screens and foldable screens.
- It doesn’t affect fingerprint sensors. Check out the ProofTech liquid glass screen protector on Amazon.
- The Cellhelmet liquid glass is 500 times thinner than the human hair and invisible to the naked eye, so it strengthens the glass on a molecular level.
- It is very compatible with all cases and accessories.
- It is effortless to apply this screen protector. You have to wipe it, let it dry, and buff it off. It will dry on your screen over the next 24 hrs.
- You can use this liquid protector on all phones and watches with glass screens, smartwatches, and all other devices.
- It is made in America.
Check out the Cellhelmet liquid glass screen protector on Amazon.