A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Kohler’s plans for a new energy division.
NEW YORK, Nov. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Kohler Co. to Establish Energy Division as Independent Business with Platinum Equity as Majority Investment Partner
The businesses included in the portfolio are Power Systems, Engines, Home Energy, Kohler Uninterruptible Power, Clarke Energy, Curtis Instruments, and Heila Technologies.
- S&P Global Launches Power Evaluator, a Cutting-Edge Tool Designed to Deliver Unparalleled Insights into the Power Sector
The first-of-its-kind tool allows users to conduct custom valuations of existing and planned power plant assets, simulate the impact of plant acquisitions and divestments, track portfolio progress to Net Zero goals, and quantify physical and market risks to the US power plant fleet.
- GSE Solutions Awarded $4.2 Million Contract from Large Utility for Nuclear Power Plant Engineering Work
This contract includes the evaluation of motor control center (MCC) bucket suppliers, MCC testing requirements, and the installation of approximately 190 new buckets. This project will be conducted over 4 years to protect the power plant from failures due to obsolescence and prevent events of required down power or loss of generation capability.
- LG Electronics, University of Alaska Establish Consortium for Advanced Heat Pump Research
At the signing ceremony on the UAA campus, LG Electronics North America CEO Thomas Yoon said, “This cutting-edge Consortium sets the stage for a new era of electrification, enabled by heat pump innovations as well as energy storage systems and smart appliances.”
- Lithos Opens New Battery System Manufacturing Facility in California
The 65,000 square foot engineering facility is located in Hayward, California—Silicon Valley. This new facility will feature enhanced pack assembly automation and will manufacture, at scale, Lithos’ high-performance and high-durability battery pack systems.
- U.S. Department of Energy Announces Generac Power Systems as Part of a $440 Million Commitment to Install Rooftop Solar and Batteries in Puerto Rico’s Most Vulnerable Communities
Generac and its project partners in Puerto Rico will help provide clean energy to vulnerable low-income households including those in areas where an individual with an energy-dependent disability resides or those located in low-income areas that experience frequent and prolonged power outages.
- Castillo Engineering and RECON Corporation Partner on 15 MW Community Solar Portfolio in Illinois
Community solar capacity in the U.S. is expected to double by 2027, according to Wood Mackenzie. Illinois is now ranked as the fourth largest U.S. state in terms of community solar operating capacity, with community solar systems having grown 166 percent from 2021 to 2022 alone.
- Innovative Hybrid Direct Air Capture Technology Pilot Launches as Carbon Management Solutions Scale Up Across the U.S.
The two-stage system removes water vapor and then captures CO2 from the dry air stream. It then compresses the CO2, allowing for transport, storage, or utilization, and condenses the water vapor into liquid water for reuse.
- Jacobs Wins New Contract to Support UK’s Nuclear Power Plants
“We will assist EDF to maximize generation from these vital national assets for the remainder of their operating lives and to support energy security and the target of achieving net-zero carbon by 2050,” said Jacobs Senior Vice President Karen Wiemelt.
- Two renewable natural gas facilities now operating in Upper Piedmont, Foothills landfills
The Foothills Renewables Project in Caldwell County, NC, and the Upper Piedmont Renewables Project in Person County, NC, convert landfill gas from Republic Services’ landfills into renewable natural gas. They make a meaningful positive environmental impact, taking a natural byproduct of waste and converting it into renewable fuel.
- Mitra Chem’s New Strategic Investments Address U.S. Energy Resilience Through Onshoring of Critical Battery Supply Chains
“Mitra Chem’s proprietary machine learning-driven capabilities can significantly accelerate the lab-to-production timeline of alternative iron-based cathodes, benefitting the lithium-ion battery supply chain and supporting growing market demand for electric vehicle (EV) and grid electrification efforts,” said Michael Falcon, an Investment Partner at IQT.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire is the industry’s leading press release distribution partner with an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages. From our award-winning Content Services offerings, integrated media newsroom and microsite products, Investor Relations suite of services, paid placement and social sharing tools, PR Newswire has a comprehensive catalog of solutions to solve the modern-day challenges PR and communications teams face. For 70 years, PR Newswire has been the preferred destination for brands to share their most important news stories across the world.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-energy-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301984181.html
SOURCE PR Newswire