A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including heart health stats and advancements in hearing implants.
NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Zocdoc Reports: Not Skipping a Beat with Heart Health
The data shows that patients are taking an active approach to preventive care and screenings for cardiovascular health, and making everyday choices to prevent heart disease.
- Cochlear announces audio streaming from Amazon Fire TV devices for hearing implant users
The advancement represents the first time that a smart TV device will stream sound directly to a hearing implant sound processor.
- American Cancer Society Announces New Center for Diversity in Cancer Research Training
Initial programming will support underrepresented high school, college, and post-baccalaureate students and include exposure to oncology and cancer research as a career; mentorship; hands-on research experiences; and career development.
- Infor Launches New Application to Combat Nurse Shortage for Healthcare Industry
This application uses an evidence-based methodology to measure the workload of each patient, accounting for both direct and indirect workloads, to provide leaders with a complete picture of labor requirements for each shift, unit or department, all based on documentation already occurring in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Dove Men+Care Tackles Underarm Distractions with New #HugLikeADoveMan Campaign According to a new research study commissioned by Dove Men+Care, underarm distractions can hold men back from performing simple acts of care – including hugging – with 81% saying that sweat is a consideration that would prevent them from hugging someone
- Redox and Google Cloud Partner to Accelerate Healthcare Data Interoperability By easily onboarding health data from legacy systems into Google Cloud products like Healthcare Data Engine and Healthcare API, organizations can build longitudinal views to better serve their patients and members.
- Gympass Is Solving the Global ‘Crisis of Wellbeing’ at Work, In and Out of the Gym
Through its latest partnerships with Thrive Global, Headspace, Sleep Cycle, 24 Hour Fitness, Orangetheory Fitness, and CorePower Yoga, Gympass is creating a happier, healthier and more productive workforce across the core pillars of wellbeing: body, mind, and life.
- Obesity Care Week 2023: Nine Years of Changing the Way We Care About Obesity OCW2023 focuses on raising awareness about what the disease of obesity is – and isn’t–, providing valuable, science-based resources on weight and health, and creating a more positive and impactful relationship between a patient and their healthcare provider.
- SprintRay Launches World’s First 3D Printing Ecosystem for Definitive Ceramic Crown Restorations
This complete dental 3D printing ecosystem equips dental professionals with all of the tools — hardware, software, materials, and round-the-clock technical support — for ultra-efficient chairside crown fabrication.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for DaVita and Ionis Pharmaceuticals.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-9-stories-you-need-to-see-301754900.html
SOURCE PR Newswire