A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a survey of Americans’ top health concerns.
NEW YORK, Feb. 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Heart Disease Leads List of Health Concerns in National Survey from MedStar Health
Survey respondents (22%) said heart disease is their number one health concern, topping mental health, cancer, COVID-19, and a list of other diseases and conditions. Despite this, more than one-third said they do not discuss heart health with their provider during annual physicals.
- Black Health Launches “Get Me Vaxxed” Campaign for Black History Month
The campaign is part of a broader endeavor to boost black health at a time when health outcomes for black communities generally continue to be concerning and lag behind those of other groups. The campaign aims to raise COVID-19 vaccinations amongst black children aged 6-months to 5-years old.
- FDA Approves First Oral Treatment for Anemia Caused by Chronic Kidney Disease for Adults on Dialysis
“With an oral drug option in addition to the FDA-approved injection options, adults with chronic kidney disease on dialysis now have multiple ways to treat their anemia,” said Ann Farrell, M.D., director of the Division of Non-Malignant Hematology in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
- Country’s Leading Obesity Care Organizations Develop Consensus Statement on Obesity
“Similar to treating cancer, we need to approach the disease using multi-modal therapy to achieve the best long-term treatment of obesity. This includes medication, surgery, endoscopy, lifestyle changes and behavioral health interventions,” said ASMBS President Teresa LaMasters, MD, FACS, FASMBS, DABOM.
- Make-A-Wish delivers the ultimate Super Bowl LVII experience for 17 families “The Super Bowl is one of our biggest annual wish granting events, and it feels even bigger this year knowing that we get to host 17 wish families in our very own backyard where we’ve been headquartered since the very first wish,” said Leslie Motter, president and CEO of Make-A-Wish America.
- Bayer Partners with Huma on Bayer® Aspirin Heart Risk Assessment Online Educational Tool
The tool quickly assesses an individual’s risk factors for developing cardiovascular disease (CVD) over the next 10 years, which can be shared with a healthcare professional as part of ongoing health management.
- Respiray Announces Launch of Wear A+, an Innovative Solution for the 50+ Million Allergy Sufferers in the US
This easy-to-use device brings relief to allergy sufferers. The working principle is simple – the device filters out airborne allergen particles and blows allergen-free air to the user’s face.
- Smith+Nephew receives Innovative Technology designation from Vizient for LEAF™ Patient Monitoring System
The LEAF Patient Monitoring System is the first wearable, wireless solution which meets the recommendations in the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (NPIAP) guidelines.
- New Ipsos Survey Reveals Nearly Half of American Women Forgo Preventive Care Services “The survey results emphasize the need to raise awareness about the importance of preventive care and advocate for policies that address the barriers and burdens women too often face,” said Millicent Gorham, Chair of the Board of Directors of AWHP.
- Ada Health and Pfizer collaborate to launch a nationwide online COVID-19 Care Journey, operated by Ada, to help connect patients with timely treatment
Daniel Nathrath, CEO and co-founder of Ada, said, “The Ada COVID-19 Care Journey aims to significantly reduce the time from testing to treatment for users, and we firmly believe that it has the potential to improve health outcomes for millions.”
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Amgen, Cardinal Health, and Boston Scientific.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301738041.html
SOURCE PR Newswire