A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy energy industry press releases from PR Newswire, including an electrostatic fusion milestone and a new virtual power plant for solar customers in California.
NEW YORK, April 28, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the energy and natural resources industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Honeywell to Acquire Compressor Controls Corporation, Driving the Energy Transition Through Leading Automation and Controls Portfolio
The acquisition also bolsters Honeywell’s high growth sustainability portfolio with new carbon capture control solutions, where the same turbomachinery is used to achieve effective removal of CO2 from process plant emissions, and even from the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Avalanche Energy Achieves Record 200kv Electrostatic Fusion Milestone and Closes $40 Million Series A Funding Round
Avalanche Energy has been designing, building and testing micro-fusion reactors that are small enough to fit on a desk since 2021. The reactor’s small form factor enables rapid development cycles at relatively low cost – a revolution in the burgeoning nuclear fusion industry that has primarily pursued large fusion reactors that cost millions to billions of dollars and take many years to build and test.
- SunPower and OhmConnect Launch Virtual Power Plant to Help Make Homes Grid-Friendly Thousands of SunPower customers in California can now connect to OhmConnect’s energy-saving platform and easily get paid when providing stored solar power back to grid.
- Q-Days 2023: world premiere of the QUANTRON QHM FCEV AERO hydrogen-electric heavy-duty truck
The truck is designed for heavy long-distance transportation and is equipped with a tank capacity of around 54 kg of hydrogen and thus achieves a range of around 700 km.
- Liberty Coca-Cola To Recover CO2 Through High Efficiency Quadgeneration in New York
Beverage-grade quality CO2 upgrading systems will provide Liberty with an in-house supply of carbonation for beverage production.
- CF Industries and NextEra Energy Resources announce MOU for a green hydrogen project in Oklahoma to support decarbonization of the agriculture supply chain
The proposed project envisions a jointly owned 100-megawatt (MW) electrolysis plant at the Verdigris Complex that would be powered by a dedicated 450-MW renewable energy facility developed by NextEra Energy Resources. CF Industries would be the sole offtaker of 100% of the zero-carbon green hydrogen output from the site’s electrolyzers.
- Los Angeles City Fire Department Selects MSA’s G1 Breathing Apparatus
The G1 SCBA is the centerpiece of the MSA Connected Firefighter platform – a suite of advanced safety technologies that work in concert to significantly improve firefighter monitoring, accountability and communication.
- UL Solutions Opens North America Advanced Electric Vehicle Charging Laboratory in Northbrook, Illinois
The facility will help enable EV charging original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers with shorter development cycles, faster time-to-market and the ability to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
- Carrier Announces Portfolio Transformation to Create Global Leader in Intelligent Climate and Energy Solutions
“The acquisition of Viessmann Climate Solutions is a game-changing opportunity,” said Carrier Chairman & CEO David Gitlin. “Climate change, sustainability requirements and geopolitical factors are driving an unprecedented energy transition in Europe. Accelerated by government regulations and incentives, the transition creates a significant, long-term growth opportunity.”
- Kohler Co. Transforms its Power Businesses to Kohler Energy, Providing Customers with Energy Resiliency
Kohler continues to invest in new product development to drive down CO2 emissions through low carbon fuels, improved engine efficiency and power density, EV controls, and grow its portfolio of high technology solutions. Most recently, Kohler was the first global manufacturer to certify all of its Diesel engines and generators on HVO, a 90% carbon reduced fuel.
Read more of the latest energy-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenergy on Twitter.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-energy-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301810149.html
SOURCE PR Newswire