Designed by law enforcement for law enforcement, PowerLine offers camaraderie and individualized resources to improve officer well-being
EL SEGUNDO, Ca., Aug. 24, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Today PowerDMS launches PowerLine, the public safety industry’s first wellness app to include complete anonymity and a nationwide network of peers. PowerLine improves mental wellness for law enforcement professionals at every level with confidential, 24/7 mobile access to support and resources designed by law enforcement for law enforcement. PowerLine has been beta tested with a network of more than 2,100 officers.
Last year, suicide claimed the lives of 150 officers across the nation. According to statistics by the National Alliance on Mental Illness, police officers report much higher rates of depression, burnout, PTSD, and anxiety than the general population. The scarcity of wellness resources for law enforcement, combined with the stigma and potential career consequences of using those resources, means officers aren’t getting the support they need.
PowerLine offers support with around-the-clock access to a network of peer volunteers, dynamic topic-specific group sessions, and customized professional resources that address the issues officers face daily. Once PowerLine is enabled, officers can access the app on their own terms while remaining completely anonymous.
“PowerLine has the ability to serve as a powerful resource for officers, in helping them realize that they are not alone in their struggles,” said Sergeant Erik Welling, who spearheads the Wellness Unit for the Toledo (OH) Police Department. “The app gives officers an anonymous avenue to read articles, listen to podcasts, and watch videos that relate to specific areas of need. The officer can then reach out through the app to national and local resources.”
“Law enforcement across the country is experiencing a mental health crisis, and for many agencies, it’s an issue they don’t know how to begin to address. For more than 20 years, PowerDMS has helped law enforcement agencies protect their departments and officers with effective policy, compliance, and accreditation management. Now, we’re proud to help law enforcement officers protect themselves from the stresses of their job and declining mental wellbeing with PowerLine,” said Shane Evangelist, CEO of PowerDMS’s parent company, NEOGOV.
In addition to supporting officers, PowerLine also empowers law enforcement agencies with insights into officers’ top struggles. Leadership gets anonymized data about how – and how often – the app is used to measure the program’s effectiveness. This enables them to add more comprehensive resources for officers, knowing where support is most needed.
- Nationwide network of volunteer peers: Users are anonymously matched with peer volunteers outside their own department based on rank, experience level, and their department’s volume of high-impact crime, opening the door for honest conversations with peers about similar experiences.
- Virtual group sessions moderated by volunteer peers: Individuals can choose scheduled group sessions by topic within the app. Every session is moderated by a volunteer peer.
- Completely anonymity: There is never a risk of public disclosure or activity being reported to superiors. Confidential screen names and video keep every user completely anonymous during peer conversations and group sessions.
- No user-specific tracking: All searches, viewed content, messages, conversations, and group sessions are completely anonymous. Personal information is never reported back to the department. All activity and conversations are immediately deleted after access.
- Full library of wellness content: Videos, articles, and audio content built exclusively around the issues facing law enforcement officers today, in both their professional and personal lives.
- Direct access to all department wellness resources: Ability to include direct, in-app access to local peer support, clergy, vetted therapists, and other services your department has already established.
- View resource effectiveness: Users can rate each resource in the app, and scores are presented transparently in the department dashboard.
- Identify department needs: Leadership can access the wellness needs of their departments with data about the most-engaged areas in the app. The department dashboard anonymously tracks downloads, logins, feature usage, and engagement in the app.
To demo the PowerLine app, go to https://www.powerdms.com/power-line.
PowerDMS, a subsidiary of NEOGOV, offers a cloud-based policy and compliance management platform that helps over 4,000 customers and 1,000,000 users reduce risk and liability, protect reputation, increase efficiency, and save lives. The company provides software tools to organize and manage an organization’s critical documents and industry accreditation standards, and allows for training and testing of employees. PowerDMS serves customers in the private sector, public safety, government, and healthcare and has achieved significant organic growth in these markets. To learn more, go to http://www.powerdms.com.
Brianna Swales, Swales + Co. PR, 1 407-924-4497, [email protected]