OTTAWA, ON, May 25, 2021 /CNW/ – Members of the media are invited to an important announcement by the Government of Canada and Community Foundations of Canada on the Canada Healthy Communities Initiative.
In attendance will be:
- Andy Fillmore, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Infrastructure and Communities and Member of Parliament for Halifax
- Yvonne Jones, Member of Parliament for Labrador
- Andrea Dicks, President of Community Foundations of Canada
- Mary W. Rowe, President, and CEO of the Canadian Urban Institute
- Todd Russell, President, NunatuKavut Community Council
The announcement will be immediately followed by a panel discussion on mobilizing healthy communities moderated by Mary W. Rowe and featuring a representative of a project awarded funding in the first round of the Canada Healthy Communities Initiative and Canada Healthy Communities Initiative’s partners, including:
- George Russell, Director of Environment and Natural Resources, NunatuKavut Community Council
- Shady Hafez, Special Projects Advisor, National Association of Friendship Centres
- Jerry Koh, Director, Systems Innovation and MaRS Solutions Lab
May 26, 2021
To attend the virtual event members of the media are asked to register using this link.
SOURCE Infrastructure Canada