SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global liquid biopsy market size is expected to reach USD 19.35 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 13.5% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is a revolutionary technique that has created various opportunities that were previously unexplored.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The Multi-gene Parallel Analysis (NGS) technology segment held the largest revenue share of the global market in 2020
- This can be attributed to rapid enhancements in NGS technology. With this technology, liquid biopsies are anticipated to gain considerable importance in cancer-related studies and research
- On the basis of sample type, blood sample-based tests dominated the market in 2020
- Blood samples can readily be taken at a more frequent interval, thus increasing the adoption rate
- Circulating Nucleic Acids are the most commonly used biomarker for liquid biopsy tests
- The factors, such as the constantly evolving pipeline of ctDNA-based liquid biopsy tests, an increasing number of commercialized products, and the potential of ctRNA in determining molecular profile have contributed to the dominance of this segment
- North America is expected to be the largest revenue-generating region by 2028 owing to a high incidence of cancer, rapid technological advancements, and the presence of key players in the region
- Key players are focused on business expansion through product launches, mergers & acquisitions, agreements, partnerships, and other growth strategies
- For instance, in June 2021, Biocept, Inc. collaborated with Quest Diagnostics to provide advanced NGS-based liquid biopsy testing for lung cancer patients
Read 180 page market research report, “Liquid Biopsy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Biomarker (Exosomes, CTC), By Technology (NGS, PCR Microarrays), By Sample Type, By Region (APAC, North America), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
It aids in the detection and isolation of circulating tumor DNA, exosomes, and circulating tumor cells and is a source of proteomics and genomics information in cancer patients. Rapid development in digital Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and NGS-based technology has improved the accuracy of liquid biopsy. It can be performed repeatedly for disease monitoring and is anticipated to help overcome the limitations of tissue biopsies.
As liquid biopsies are the most promising novel techniques for cancer care, established as well as emerging companies have increased their R&D to develop novel liquid biopsy solutions. For instance, in September 2021, AnchorDx Medical Co., Ltd.; a China-based developer of early cancer detection and oncology screening solutions developed a diagnostic model for early breast cancer detection. The model is based on the methylation patterns of cfDNA.
Grand View Research has segmented the global liquid biopsy market on the basis of sample type, biomarker, technology, and region:
- Liquid Biopsy Sample Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Blood Sample Based
- Liquid Biopsy Biomarker Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Circulating Nucleic Acids
- Circulating Proteins
- Liquid Biopsy Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Multi-gene-parallel Analysis (NGS)
- Single Gene Analysis (PCR Microarrays)
- Liquid Biopsy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Liquid Biopsy Market
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- BIOCEPT, Inc.
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Angle plc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Lucence health Inc.
- Freenome holdings, Inc.
- EPIGENOMICS AG
Check out more studies related to biopsy procedures, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Fusion Biopsy Market–The global fusion biopsy market size was valued at USD 489.1 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6% from 2021 to 2028.
- Biopsy Guidance System Market–The global biopsy guidance system market size was valued at USD 934.4 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2021 to 2028.
- Cancer Biopsy Market–The global cancer biopsy market size was valued at USD 21.26 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.13% from 2021 to 2027. The increasing prevalence of oncology indications, coupled with the growing geriatric population, is a major factor expected to fuel market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Clinical Diagnostics Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter