Product photos are available: https://recalls-rappels.canada.ca/en/alert-recall/mr-right-brand-keampferia-galanga-powder-sand-ginger-powder-recalled-due-aconitine
OTTAWA, ON, Sept. 2, 2022
- Brand(s): Mr. Right
- Product: Keampferia Galanga Powder (sand ginger powder)
- Companies: Ka Wing Hong
- Issue: Food – Chemical
- Category: Herbs and spices
- What to do: Do not consume, use, sell, serve, or distribute recalled products
- Audience: General public
- Recall class: Class I
Keampferia Galanga Powder
Product code AT154
69 892102 8038
The affected product is being recalled from the marketplace due to aconitine contamination. The toxin, aconitine, comes from the roots of a plant, Monkshood, also known as Wolfsbane, or Keampfeira, which is a poisonous plant.
Food contaminated with aconitine may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness, irregular heart beats, and in severe cases, death. The onset of symptoms is rapid.
The recalled product has been sold in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec, and may have been distributed in other provinces and territories.
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, contact your healthcare provider
- Check to see if you have recalled products
- Do not consume, serve, use, sell, or distribute recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
This recall was triggered by the company.
There have been reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
SOURCE Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)