OTTAWA, ON, Sept. 16, 2022 /CNW/ – Product photos are available: https://recalls-rappels.canada.ca/en/alert-recall/viana-brand-veggie-cevapcici-recalled-due-undeclared-almond
- Brand: Viana
- Product: Veggie Cevapcici
- Companies: Tofutown North America, Inc.
- Issue: Food – Allergen – Tree nut
- Category: Other
- What to do: Do not consume recalled products to which you are allergic or sensitive.
- Audience: General public
- Recall class: Class 1
The affected product is being recalled from the marketplace because it contains almond which is not declared on the label.
The recalled product has been sold in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec and may have been distributed in other provinces and territories.
- Check to see if you have recalled products
- Do not consume recalled products to which you are allergic or sensitive as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction
- Do not serve, use, sell or distribute recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency test results.
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled products from the marketplace.
SOURCE Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)