Product photos are available: https://recalls-rappels.canada.ca/en/alert-recall/shirakiku-brand-baked-red-bean-cake-recalled-due-undeclared-milk
OTTAWA, ON, Jan. 22, 2022 /CNW/ –
- Brand(s): Shirakiku
- Product: Baked Red Bean Cake
- Companies: Wismettac Asian Foods, Inc.
- Issue: Food – Allergen – Milk
- Category: Grain products
- What to do: If you have an allergy to milk, do not consume the recalled product
- Audience: General public
- Recall class: Class 1
Baked Red Bean Cake
318 g (6 pieces)
0 74410 65714 7
All codes that do
Wismettac Asian Foods, Inc. is recalling Shirakiku brand Baked Red Bean Cake from the marketplace because it contains milk which is not declared on the label.
The recalled product has been sold nationally.
What you should do
- Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home
- If you have an allergy to milk, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
This recall was triggered by the company.
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated food recall warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)