SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global endometrial ablation market size is expected to reach USD 5.4 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Endometrial ablation is a highly efficient procedure that helps in removing or destroying the uterine endometrial lining in women who experience heavy menstrual bleeding using specific devices. The growing prevalence of gynecological disorders and growing public awareness about endometrial ablation are key contributing factors expected to propel the product demand. According to the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO), globally, the prevalence of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding (AUB) among reproductive-aged women is estimated to be between 3 to 30%
Key Insights & Findings:
- The radiofrequency ablation device segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 26.3% in 2020
- The segment is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period
- The thermal balloon segment is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period
- The hospital end-use segment held the largest revenue share of more than 55% in 2020
- The high growth is credited to the availability of technologically improved medical devices in hospitals
- The Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) end-use segment is expected to exhibit the fastest CAGR during the forecast period
- ASCs have shorter stay duration, little or no danger of Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs), and are more convenient than other healthcare facilities
Read 110 page market research report, “Endometrial Ablation Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Procedures, Devices), By End Use (Hospital, ASC), By Region (Asia Pacific, Europe, North America), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
For women suffering from painful, heavy periods, endometrial ablation for endometriosis offers an alternative to chronic medication and hysterectomy treatments. Improved features and a higher demand for these procedures and devices due to the advantages over surgical methods, such as minimally invasive nature, low-risk profile, and easy operation, will support market growth. Many global, as well as local key players, are opting for different strategies. For instance, In March 2020, Mara Water Vapor Ablation System from AEGEA Medical has been approved by the U.S. FDA. Mara is the endometrial ablation procedure that uses natural water vapor to safely cure heavy menstrual bleeding without the need for general anesthesia.
Endometrial ablation procedures have proven effective in about 10% of people to no longer have menstrual periods. Bleeding is effectively decreased in another 70% of cases. However, there are certain side effects associated with the procedure, which include infection, tearing of the uterine wall or bowel, which may hamper the market growth. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the healthcare system had to deal with a lot of difficulties, all outpatient procedures were limited or stopped to lower the impact of virus outbreaks. This also had a negative impact on the overall market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global endometrial ablation market based on type, end-use, and region:
- Endometrial Ablation Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Hydrothermal Ablation
- Thermal Balloon
- Microwave Energy
- Endometrial Ablation End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Endometrial Ablation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Endometrial Ablation Market
- CooperSurgical Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Olympus Corp.
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- Hologic, Inc.
- Minerva Surgical, Inc
Check out more studies related to gynecological disorders, their diagnostics & treatment, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Gynecological Devices Market – The global gynecological devices market size was valued at USD 8.9 billion in 2018. It is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period. Introduction of advanced devices that aid in increasing efficiency of minimally invasive procedures and development of definition imaging devices such as 3D endoscope has provided a boost to the growth of the market.
- Laparoscopic Gynecological Procedures Market – The global laparoscopic gynecological procedures market size was valued at USD 21.83 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing adoption of minimally invasive surgeries, growing prevalence of gynecological disorders, and surgery-related technological advancements are driving the market growth.
- Uterine Manipulation Devices Market – The global uterine manipulation devices market size was valued at USD 245.76 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% from 2021 to 2028. The rising prevalence of diseases related to female reproductive organs, increase in the adoption of minimally invasive or noninvasive procedures, and technological advancements are among the major factors driving the market.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter