SAN FRANCISCO, June 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global disposable hospital gowns market size is expected to reach USD 5.61 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of Surgical Site Infections (SSIs), rising number of surgeries performed coupled with growing incidence of chronic disorders and impact of COVID-19 are the key factors driving the market. The increasing prevalence of Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs) is a major factor expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
Key Insights & Findings:
- In terms of usability, the average-type segment held the largest revenue share in 2020
- The segment is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028
- The surgical product segment held the largest revenue share in 2020. However, the non-surgical product segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028
- The high-risk disposable hospital gowns segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 due to increased cases of HAIs
- North America is expected to lead the global market over the forecast period
Read 90 page market research report, “Disposable Hospital Gowns Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Risk Type (High, Moderate), By Usability (Low-type, Average-type Disposable Gowns), By Product (Non-surgical, Surgical), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, By Grand View Research.
According to the data published by health.gov (U.S. dept. of Health and Services) in 2020, about 1 in 25 inpatients have a hospital-related infection, at any given time. Such incidents are projected to augment demand for disposable gowns as they aid in the prevention of the spread of infections and diseases. Furthermore, the rise in hospital admissions due to the global COVID-19 pandemic will drive the product demand. In addition, major players operating in the market are launching new products and extending their production capacities to overcome the rising demand for disposable hospital gowns.
For instance, in April 2021, Precision Textiles launched EcoGuard material. The eco-friendly fabric is manufactured in the United States and is designed for use in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), especially disposable medical isolation gowns. In September 2020, the Department of Defense, on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), signed an agreement with 9 American companies for the delivery of 73 million COVID-19 disposable isolation gowns at USD 335M. Therefore, such instances are anticipated to propel market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global disposable hospital gowns market on the basis of usability, product, risk type, and region:
- Disposable Hospital Gowns Usability Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Disposable Hospital Gowns Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Disposable Hospital Gowns Risk Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Disposable Hospital Gowns Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- List of Key Players of Disposable Hospital Gowns Market
- Cardinal Health
- Standard Textile Co., Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Petoskey Plastics
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Bellcross Industries Private Ltd.
- Sara Health Care
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- External Fixators Market – The global external fixators market size is expected to reach USD 1.16 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.0% from 2021 to 2028.
- Cochlear Implant Market – The global cochlear implant market size is expected to reach USD 4.0 billion by 2028, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.5% from 2021 to 2028.
- Mesotherapy Market – The global mesotherapy market size is expected to reach USD 1.0 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 14.4% from 2021 to 2028.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter