The researchers from Chiropractic Doctors Association of Hong Kong (CDAHK) released their case studies on chronic headaches and neck pain.
NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Chiropractors may reduce the number of monthly neck pain and headaches for people who have chronic and complicated type of history, four case studies (1-4) published in 2022 American Journal of Case Reports, found.
Chronic headaches involve a painful sensation in any part of the head, ranging from sharp to dull, that may occur with other symptoms at least 15 days per month.
Chiropractors provide long-term relief from chronic headaches, said Eric Chu, principal investigator of the studies and Chairman of Chiropractic Doctors Association of Hong Kong.
“Our recent studies(4-12) have also found that chiropractic may be effective for episodic neck pain and chronic headaches. These studies are successful cases showing that chiropractic is effective specifically for patients who failed with traditional therapy,” Chu added.
“Since chronic headaches with complicated medical history are often more difficult to treat, and the pain medicines used have multiple potential side effects, the results are promising,” said Dr. Kingsley Leung, Executive Committee of CDAHK.
Multi-model chiropractic therapies involve achieving proper alignment of the spine, which consisted of spinal manipulation, micro-vibration and microcurrent technology to flush out lactic acid and untie deep knots, and robotic spinal decompression for non-surgical intervertebral relief. Non-invasive treatments can plan access to the spine through using a computer-guided robot and traction therapy to safely and effectively elongate and stretch the spine.
“To achieve a optimal treatment effect of chiropractic therapy, technology is important,” Chu said. “The care providers should try their best to use the current technology at each spinal problem.”
“For patients who do not want to use prescription pain medication, chiropractor offers a hopeful alternative. Treating chronic pain is a multidisciplinary approach, and chiropractic is one of best treatment options that should be considered,” Chu said.
1. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Ng GSN, Shum JSF. Neck pain and Headache Complicated by Persistent Syringomyelia After Foramen Magnum Decompression for Chiari I Malformation: Improvement with Multimodal Chiropractic Therapies. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 31;23:e937826.
2. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Ng GSN, Shum JSF. Neck pain and Headache Complicated by Persistent Syringomyelia After Foramen Magnum Decompression for Chiari I Malformation: Improvement with Multimodal Chiropractic Therapies. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 31;23:e937826.
3. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Tao C, Lee LY. Chiropractic Management of Neck Pain Complicated by Symptomatic Vertebral Artery Stenosis and Dizziness. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Oct 19;23:e937991.
4. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Chen AT. Concurrent Bell’s Palsy and Facial Pain Improving with Multimodal Chiropractic Therapy: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Sep 19;23:e937511.
5. Chu EC, Lin AFC (2022) Relief of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome with chiropractic rehabilitation Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care 11: 7. 4006-4009 July.
6. Chu EC. Reducing Cervical Retrolisthesis With Long-Term Monthly Chiropractic Maintenance Care: A Case Report. J Med Cases. 2022 Jul;13(7):359-364.
7. Chu EC, Trager RJ, Shum JSF, Lai CR. Pancoast Tumor Presenting as Neck Pain in the Chiropractic Office: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Case Rep. 2022 Jul 7;23:e937052.
8. Chu ECP, Lee LYK. Adjacent segment pathology of the cervical spine: A case report. J Family Med Prim Care. 2022 Feb;11(2):787-789.
9. Eric Chun-Pu Chu (2022) Remission of Headache and Neck Pain Following Chiropractic Manipulative Treatment in a Patient with Neurofibromatosis Chiropractic Journal of Australia 49: 1. 8-18 Feb
10. Chu EC. Preventing the progression of text neck in a young man: A case report. Radiol Case Rep. 2022 Jan 18;17(3):978-982.
11. Chu ECP. Alleviating cervical radiculopathy by manipulative correction of reversed cervical lordosis: 4 years follow-up. J Family Med Prim Care. 2021 Nov;10(11):4303-4306.
12. Chu ECP, Spaska A, Monov D, Kasatkin M, Stroiteleva N. Examining the correlation between salivary cytokine concentrations and CRP in people experiencing social-cognitive stress. Neurol Res. 2022 Oct 5:1-6.
13. Chu ECP. Alleviating cervical radiculopathy by manipulative correction of reversed cervical lordosis: 4 years follow-up. J Family Med Prim Care. 2021 Nov;10(11):4303-4306.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chiropractic-may-offer-relief-from-complicated-chronic-headaches-301682411.html
SOURCE Chiropractic Doctors Association of Hong Kong (CDAHK)