Join Us for Skate the Lake, Skate the River presented by MTN DEW, and Skate the Coast; the campaign encourages participants to get outside and do activities they love to support breast cancer prevention.
LOS ANGELES, July 15, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, saves lives by providing breast cancer education, prevention, and survivor support programs. Summer Skate Series participants are encouraged to create a fundraising team for their nearest in-person Summer Skate event or participate in a virtual fundraising goal by any means of physical activity in their neighborhood – Skate-Bike-Roll-Walk. It is a meaningful way to honor a loved one who has battled breast cancer or to celebrate their triumph!
Supporting B4BC’s mission to highlight the importance of a healthy, active lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention has an intangible ripple effect in the communities B4BC serves nationwide! Statistics show that 30 minutes of exercise three-to-four days per week can reduce cancer risk by thirty to fifty percent,” said Lisa Hudson, President and Co-Founder of B4BC.
Over the past 18 years, more than 5,000 people have participated in B4BC’s Annual Skate The Lake (2004) and Skate The Coast (2007) events locally and virtually. In addition, this year, we brought back Skate the River! All events are a collective ride for breast cancer awareness and prevention for all ages and abilities.
B4BC Three-Part Skate Series – Events and Activities
- Event Registration: By fundraising a minimum of $25 to $50 (depending on the event), participants receive an event tee, a goodie bag, and raffle tickets! The top three fundraisers (individuals/teams) for each event win even more prizes.
- Virtual participation nationwide is encouraged: Virtual raffle tickets are available for each event in the series. So cruise your local path or trail, and post to social. Tee shirts will be mailed directly to participants and for every $10 fundraised, receive virtual raffle tickets too!
- Photo Contest: To get featured on B4BC’s social channels, use event-specific hashtags for your chance to win cool stuff! A photo contest winner is selected for each event.
Skate the Lake || North Lake Tahoe, CA || July 23 & 24th
Register and Fundraise: Collective Fundraising Goal: $50,000
- 18th Annual Skate the Lake & Community Celebration – B4BC will host a Community Celebration Festival at Common’s Beach in Tahoe City on July 23 with music, games, food + drinks, a silent auction, raffles, prizes, and more! July 24, the skaters participate in a 28-mile skate-bike-roll along the North Lake Tahoe shores, starting at Sugar Pine Point Park up to Palisades Tahoe or join at the 8-mile drop-in and end at Common’s Beach for awards!
- Tag @b4bc #SkateTheLake: A chance to be featured on B4BC’s channels and win additional prizes
- Participating Sponsors: Yeti, Suja, Traeger, Pura Vida, North Face, Sector 9, ProTec, Nutcase, Dragon, Sun Bum, Zumiez, Arbor Skateboards, Impala Skates, Tahoe Daves, Tahoe Longboards, Roxy, Akai Life, Von Zipper, Autonomy, Dakine, GoPro, Vans, Michael Hohl Subaru, Morrison Group Tahoe, Squaw Alpine, Palisades Tahoe, EXL Media, NLTRA, Tahoe City Public Utility District, KTKE101.5, JuneShine, Liquid Death, 22 Bistro
Skate the River presented by MTN DEW|| Des Moines, IA || July 29th-31st
Register and Fundraise: Collective Fundraising Goal: $25,000
- The 2nd Annual Skate The River presented by MTN DEW is coming to Des Moines, IA, on the second to last day of the Dew Tour, Saturday, July 30. The skate will start an hour before the Dew Tour Experience (DTE) opening near the Iowa Women of Achievement Bridge, along the Raccoon River to Gray’s Lake, and back to the DTE entrance for 6 miles.
- Tag @b4bc #SkateTheRiverDSM: A chance to be featured on B4BC’s channels and win additional prizes
- Participating Sponsors: MTN DEW, Yeti, Traeger, Pura Vida, North Face, Sector 9, ProTec, Nutcase, Dragon, Sun Bum, Merge4, Arbor Skateboards
Skate the Coast || Los Angeles, CA || October 15th & 16th
Register and Fundraise, Collective Fundraising Goal: $75,000
- The 15th Annual Skate The Coast is a 16-mile journey of over 200 participants from The Santa Monica Pier to South Redondo Beach. We reach more than 100,000 people in one weekend. On Friday, attend the registration kick-off party at Arbor Venice, with an evening of music, raffles, and art auctions. On Saturday, start at the Santa Monica Pier, ride down the beach cities along the iconic strand, stop at multiple “Hydration Stations” on the way, and cross the finish line at Dive n Surf in Redondo Beach for an awards celebration.
- Tag @b4bc #SkateTheCoast: A chance to be featured on B4BC’s channels and win additional prizes
- Participating Sponsors: Suja Organic, Yeti, Traeger Grills, The North Face, Pura Vida, Sector 9, ProTec, Nutcase, Arbor Skateboards, Zumiez, Dragon, Impala Skates, Welwaze, Akai Life, Dive N Surf, GoPro, Vans, Merge4, Dakine, Sun Bum, Kindhumans, VonZipper, Liquid Death, Goebikes, Autonomy
Download Summer Skate Series Photos + Assets for Editorial Use
Skate the Coast Video
For interview and photo requests, contact: Vanessa Colosio Diaz [email protected].
For Sponsorship and Auction opportunities, contact: Maggie Gonzalez [email protected].
Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that advocates for early detection and a healthy, active, and conscious lifestyle as the best means of breast cancer prevention. Founded in 1996, B4BC empowers young people to make positive choices that promote lifelong wellness through grassroots events, educational outreach, sustainability, and survivorship support programs. Visit B4BC.ORG for more information.
B4BC Instagram || B4BC Facebook || B4BC – Amazon Smile
Vanessa Diaz, Pipeline Pepper, 6198399605, [email protected]
SOURCE Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC)