OTTAWA, ON, April 8, 2023 /CNW/ – Hydro Ottawa has made significant progress in restoring power throughout the City of Ottawa. As of 4:00 p.m. today, just over 900 customers remain without power.
Hydro Ottawa is working to restore power to all customers by the end of the day (Saturday, April 8) with the possibility that small pockets may still exist.
Restoration efforts today are focused on assisting customers who remain without power in the following areas:
- Alta Vista – Billings Bridge
- Barrhaven West – Old Barrhaven
- Bel Air Heights – Braemar Park – Copeland Park
- Bells Corners
- Crystal Bay – Lakeview Park – Britannia Village
- Cityview – Skyline – Fisher Heights
- Dow’s Lake
- Merivale Gardens – Grenfell Glen – Pineglen – Country Place
- Playfair Park – Lynda Park – Guildwood Estates
- Queensway Terrace South
- Rothwell Heights
- Woodvale – Craig Henry – Manordale – Estates of Arlington Woods
- Whitehaven – Queensway Terrace North
Hydro Ottawa will continue to post information regarding these ongoing outages on its website, outage map, and on social media.
If customers are still out of power or do not see their area on the Hydro Ottawa’s outage map, there are two ways customers can report:
- Call our 24/7 outage hotline at 613 738-0188
- Submit a report online through the MyAccount customer portal
- Hydro Ottawa asks the public to respect work site perimeters by keeping a safe distance from crews and as they work on energizing the power grid.
- If customers notice downed power lines, stay at least 10 metres away (the length of a school bus) from the wires and from any objects that are in contact with the lines such as trees. If there is a downed power line, please call us at 613 738-0188.
- Drive carefully. When traffic signals are out, always treat intersections as all-way stops and proceed through intersections with caution.
- As power is being restored, Hydro Ottawa reminds residents to conserve their use of energy and avoid turning on all electronics and appliances to avoid impacting the electricity supply.
- Please reserve the use of 911 to situations where there is a risk to public safety, and life-threatening emergencies.
Hydro Ottawa Limited, a subsidiary of Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc., delivers electricity to approximately 353,000 homes and businesses in the City of Ottawa and the Village of Casselman. For more than a century, Hydro Ottawa has supplied its customers with clean, safe and reliable power to help build a vibrant and sustainable national capital region. As a leading partner in a smart energy future, Hydro Ottawa proudly contributes to the well-being of the community it serves through its integration of innovative and sustainable business practices, corporate citizenship initiatives, and offering best-in-class customer service.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.